Date: 4/27/18 11:17 am
From: Sandy Turner <tmsprgrn...>
Subject: [NHBirds] courtship
3 days ago a female Purple Finch was on our feeder for the first of the
year.
2 days ago a brilliant male showed up.
1 hour later he was displaying to the very interested female:
He puffed his feathers, spread his tail and fluttered his wings
He then hopped in the air about 4 inches, quivering his body, then hopping
sideways, still quivering.
She stared (so did I)

It reminded me of the videos of displaying Birds-of-Paradise .....and all
right here in my Lyman, NH driveway.

Sandy and Mark Turner