Date: 4/27/18 10:32 am
From: Roger Kuhlman <rkuhlman...>
Subject: [birders] Protho Warbler at Foster Park Ann Arbor
Late Friday Morning (around 11am) I had Prothonotary Warbler at Foster Park Ann Arbor. The Golden-headed Warbler just popped up in the trees along the Huron River and I got good views of it. Later I heard it sing one song.

Foster Park is just upstream from Barton Pond and the Protho was in the mid section of the natural area that you can access by walking along the RR track west of the small creeklet that empties into the Huron River here. There were also many Yellow-rumped Warblers (20 to 25) singing here along the river. This is unusually a good place to see them since they like to congregate, sing, and feed in the Black Alder trees along the water.

Two other observations about the park: homeless people are again this year illegally camping out in Foster and the park is just loaded native-vegetation eating deer.

Later I traveled slightly further west on the Huron River to the area between the railroad track bridge and Wagner Road to view good numbers of Great Egrets, Wood Ducks and more Yellow-rumped Warblers. On the way back to my car I found a Waterthrush along the water's edge. I think it was probably a Louisiana Waterthrush since the supercilium was very white and wide towards the rear but I could not rule out Northern WT since I did not get good overviews of the bird from many angles before the bird decided to fly to the north side of the River.

Roger Kuhlman

Ann Arbor

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM5PR14MB14330D61ECE776F6DE982E81C58D0...>