Date: 4/27/18 10:34 am
From: Steve Mullen <gungagalunga23...>
Subject: [wisb] Cattle Egrets-Lone Elm Rd-Fond du Lac Co.
Hello, On my work travels today i swung by the Cattle Egret spot on the
Winnebago/Fond du Lac County Line (Lone Elm Rd.) and saw 3 in the guys
front yard. It was 11 a.m.
This is the spot they seem to be every year. Last year it was Tom Wood i
believe who 1st posted those to this list. I did not stop my big truck to
grab the firelane #.
It is on the south side of Lone Elm about half way between the Lake Rd.
/45 on the east and Co. Rd. R/RP on the west. It is the spot with the home
sized pond in the guy's mowed yard.
I have been seeing good numbers of flocks (tho not good sized ) flocks of
Bonapartes Gulls the last 3 days in my routes from Oshkosh to Manitowoc,
Sheboygan, to Fond du Lac and the Sun Prairie area.
In fact i got a Black Necked Stilt yesterday in Fond du Lac Co.- about
4p.m. on the south side of Hwy 151 just west of Hwy 49 south of Waupun. A
killer road bird at 70 mph. It was in a wet spot in an unplowed corn field
that had Bonies and geese in it.
Other highlights were 3 baby geese walking with two adults near Cleveland
yesterday. I believe i saw a Snowy Owl just north of there on Hwy 42, east
side, north of XX, near Osman. I did not bother to stop to confirm.
Also, i have not seen the Euro-Collared Doves on the Lake Rd. between
Oshkosh and Fond du Lac at Co. Rd. N the last two swings thru there.
Steve Mullen, Oshkosh, Winnebago Co.