Date: 4/27/18 6:33 am
From: Cheryl Childers <cherylness...>
Subject: Swainson's Warbler at Springhill Park
Just an fyi for anyone needing a reliable place to find this bird. This is
within a few miles of Sandy Berger's field trip to Frog Bayou during the
AAS conference Saturday. This past week, myself, Kaylee Kruskopp, and Jim
Nieting (who has photos) have found one, possibly two singing Swainson's
Warblers at Springhill Park in Barling, AR.

I have seen and heard them here every year for at least 5 years in a row.
This is also an excellent migrant warbler fallout area. Cliff Swallow nests
under the bridge are impressive. Bald Eagles are reliable here. Look for
Least Terns and others on the river. There are extensive bike paths to
follow into the woods.

The coordinates to the Swainson's Warbler area are 35.341270,-94.284522
according to Google Maps. It's called Dam Site South Public Use Area.

They are at the end of the road which leads to a parking area with a boat
launch. There is a closed off road and the foundation of what used to be
restrooms. There are stairs that lead down to a path that has a wooden
walkway across a creek. This is where Kaylee and I found ours. When they
sing they are very loud.

I would be happy to show anyone where they are. Just email me off list.

Thanks,
Cheryl Childers

Join us on Facebook!