Date: 4/26/18 9:23 pm
From: clay crofton <claycbirds...>
Subject: [COBOL] Glossy Ibis Jordan Valley
26 April 2018, 9:15-9:45am Pacific time. Hwy 95 in Oregon’s Jordan Valley
between MP 24 and 25. East of white farmhouse with red roofs. Flock of Ibis
in a flooded field. One ibis shows the even golden bronze of an adult
Glossy Ibis on its head, breast, back, and thighs. The face in front of a
dark eye is gray and edged above and below with a thin bright blue line of
feathers (think robins-egg blue) that runs from the eye forward to the
beak. The blue line does not wrap around behind the eye. Its legs are dark.
The nearby White-faced Ibis (short scope range three-quarter zoom, good
light from the side) clearly shows off a bright red eye and face which are
both surrounded by a thick white band of feathers. This bird also shows the
red legs of a breeding adult White-faced Ibis. I had plenty of time to
study these birds and get out my two field guides. This group does not
include any birds that show the pale face features and dark legs of
non-breeding plumage adult White-faced ibis. I am familiar with pale ibis
and am confident that this bird is a Glossy Ibis

*Happy Birding*
Clay Crofton
The Boy Who Cried Wrentit