Date: 4/26/18 3:01 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Common Poorwill returns to Ken Caryl by 4/25
I noticed that eBird had no April records for *Common Poorwill* for
Jefferson County, so I had begun making some evening visits here at Ken
Caryl to try to catch a new return in late April. Last night one porrwill
called about 23 min. after sunset on the Dakota formation hogback north of
Massey Draw in the Ken Caryl Ranch (no public access). It seemed to respond
to my whistled imitation and only called for a few minutes. I was glad to
hear it.

Yesterday I also had three *Evening Grosbeaks *fly over in the Ken Caryl
Valley. They have been absent in the area so far this year, but I have a
few detections in spring each year.

On 4/24 our DFO field trip visited Chatfield SP and at the Marina Sandspit
we had 40 *Marbled Godwits*, 1 *Long-billed Curlew* and 1 *Wilson's
Phalarope*.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO