Date: 4/26/18 3:04 pm
From: <osprey...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] BUTTE/MEADE COUNTIES: GREATER SAGE GROUSE, COMMON LOON, etc.
This morning (April 26) I observed 2 male Greater Sage Grouse at the Middle
Creek lek (west of Belle Fourche)

from 7:10-7:30. They were still "strutting" when I departed for Nisland
Slough where I observed (and heard) a Long-billed Curlew and many waterfowl
species. Yellow-headed Blackbirds were there in good numbers. At Bear
Butte Lake, the adult Common Loon was still present along with a number of
Tree Swallows at Ernie Miller's next boxes and 6 (yes, 6 - 4 in one group
and 2 in another) along the south shore. I may also have observed the
Red-breasted Merganser pair, observed on Sunday, but wasn't able to get a
sufficient look before they disappeared.

Jocelyn Lee Baker, Rapid City

Join us on Facebook!