Date: 4/26/18 12:34 pm
From: Brenda Wright <coenbrenda...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Broad-winged Hawk and Rocky Mountain White-crowned Sparrow
Greetings,
Yesterday at 12:20 PM an adult light phase Broad-winged Hawk flew over the yard after circling up to head north. At the feeders we now have several Rocky Mountain White-crowned Sparrows feeding with the wintering Gambel's White-crowns.
Brenda has been entering the e-Bird "yard" and "patch" listing this year. If I lived in Grand Junction or Delta County I would pick either Highline Reservoir & SP, Sweitzer SP, Confluence Park or Fruitgrowers for my patch and compete with anyone. Brenda's patch, Nucla 1st Park, is leading Colorado this month (April) with 113 species. There are more than 100 patches in Colorado, mostly east of the Divide.
Crazy new game!Coen

Join us on Facebook!