Date: 4/26/18 9:57 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Hart-Miller Island Birding Bus Tour
Hi everyone,

On Thursday, May 9, I will be leading a birding bus tour at Hart-Miller
Island (HMI). The boat will depart from landbase at 9:00 AM and return at
1:30 PM. While at HMI, we will cover the entire site, stopping at multiple
locations to look for shorebirds, waterfowl, migratory songbirds, and any
other notable birds that might be present. The tour will be conducted via
tour bus and will involve minimal walking.

This tour is open to anyone. To sign up, email tcarn [at] menv [dot] com.
Space is limited to 20 participants. You may reserve a maximum of 2 spaces.
If more than 20 people sign up, I will develop a waiting list in case any
participants cancel.

If you regularly join the Monday birding walks, consider not signing up for
the birding bus tour to open up space for those who might not be physically
able to handle the usual 7-mile walk. Participants must be able to board
the boat and the bus without assistance.

If the weather does not cooperate on Thursday, May 9, we will go on Friday,
May 10. The tour will be canceled in the event of high winds or excessive
rain on both days.

This tour is offered by Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port
Administration (MDOT MPA) and Maryland Environmental Service (MES), and is
not affiliated with any birding club or organization.

These birding bus tours will be offered as a twice-yearly event, with one
tour offered in April/May and another offered in August/September each year.

Thanks,
Tim Carney
Parkville, MD