Date: 4/26/18 9:31 am
From: Malcolm Gold <malcolmgold...>
Subject: Johnson County - Burroughs Morning Trips
We had 8 individuals on the Burroughs walk today with a calm and cool
stroll around Tomahawk Park in Leawood (Johnson County). We only had a
couple of migrants among 38 species, but perhaps the highlight occurred
when a pair of regular trail patrons told us that they had BLACK-BELLIED
WHISTLING-DUCKS in the trees along the Tomahawk Trailway on both sides of
Roe three weeks ago!

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44956861

Mark Land led the Tuesday morning walk at Shawnee Mission Park. That group
found more species, but few early migrants. Mixed in the list is a LESSER
GOLDFINCH that Mark was able to get on when it flew by.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44933965

If you live around the Kansas City area or are travelling through, there is
an open invitation to joining Burroughs Audubon on future field-trips.

http://burroughs.org/its-free/field-trips-programs/

We currently have an invitation (with prizes included) to offer feedback to
the planning committee through this short online survey.

http://burroughs.org/its-free/field-trips-programs/field-trip-survey/

While I prefer the walks away from road noise, the ability to get a short
walk in with friends before work is quite nice. It was another great
morning to be outside with good birds and good people. Andrew Burnett is
leading this weekend's Burroughs Field Trip at Neosho WA. I hope great
birds and weather are in store for everyone.

Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold (Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas)
Burrough's Field-Trip Coordinator with Mike Stoakes
http://ruminatingbirder.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcolmgold/

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to