Date: 4/26/18 9:32 am
From: Susan Wise <burrowingowlsusan...>
Subject: [cobirds] ??? Possible Snowy Owl near Golden Ponds in Longmont
Interesting.
Maikel and I were out strolling Golden Ponds in Longmont (Boulder County)
yesterday evening (4/26). A large white bird the size and shape of a Great
Horned Owl flew over. It was very white. It's head was the blocky shape
of an owl. I hollared to Maikel (the one with binoculars) but he was too
far behind to get on it. So I just let it go with a shrug.
Today, I was perusing the Bird Trax at the bottom of the CFO website. And
what do I see? A report of a Snowy Owl.

Location
Longmont Estates, Boulder County, Colorado, US ( Map
<http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.1716594,-105.1484728&ll=40.1716594,-105.1484728>
)
Date and Effort
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 PM 🌙 NocturnalProtocol:StationaryParty Size:3
Duration:15 minute(s)Observers:Mindy Mullen
Species
1 species total
1
Snowy Owl

Almost all White all over, very large, observed hooting loudly and sitting
in top of a large cottonwood. I am pretty darn sure it was a snowy owl. We
are near several large ponds.