Date: 4/26/18 9:14 am
From: Leon Bright <urraca2...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pink-sided Junco, Pueblo
COBirders-- Yesterday I was surprised to see in my back yard a Dark-eyed
Junco, subspecies Pink-sided. I thought it seemed late for any junco at my
elevation (4,700 ft.) so I checked the Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas II
species account by Ted Floyd, p. 528. Ted states that the only breeding
form of Dark-eyed Junco in our state is the Gray-headed, so his account does
not deal with the other Junco groups. He writes that nest building begins
about now, with the vast majority of activity taking place west of the
foothills. My question is, has anyone else seen any (non-Gray-headed) juncos
at elevations below 5,000 feet in the last few days?

Leon Bright, Pueblo