Date: 4/25/18 4:56 pm
From: modise <modise...>
Subject: [cobirds] Cinnamon teals, other teals, and some FOS birds in Arapahoe and Denver Counties along the Platte
Hi - I seem to be seeing a LOT more cinnamon teals on the Platte River than
I can remember. Today, around 11 a.m., I had 10 of them on a stretch of
the Platte River about a quarter of a mile long, starting 1/3 of a mile
south of Bowles and continuing south (Arapahoe County). I saw four more in
Denver County about a half mile south of Evans. Interestingly, I also saw
a blue-winged teal, and a green-winged teal within yards of the Arapahoe
County cinnamon teal. Not sure I remember seeing all three together like
that! There has also been a wood duck pair hanging out in the same place,
although I didn't see them today. Monday, I saw my FOY snowy egrets on the
pond just south of Bowles and west of the Platte River. I also had FOY
Western grebes today on Cooley Lake (Arapahoe County). It's nice to see
and hear all the spring migrants - lots of meadowlarks and Say's phoebes!

Bryan Arnold
Jefferson County
5,500'