Date: 4/25/18 11:21 am
From: Jim and Karen Rowe <00000131a1cf8fbc-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Upland Sandpipers in Arkansas County
Yesterday at around 5:30 pm I observed 2 Upland Sandpipers foraging in a grassy field at the southern end of Abramson Road in eastern Arkansas County.  We rode up to the area the birds were using in a UTV and I easily observed them with binoculars.  They are in a unmowed grassy rarely used airstrip on the western edge of the dirt/mud/gravel road  My husband flushed one of the birds out of a wet shallow ditch between the road and the airstrip approximately 1 hour previous to my visit to view the birds.  If you go to try to see them,  do not drive down Abramson road from the north (or from Hwy 153) but instead take Possum Waller Road and then Abramson Road which intersects just before you get to the church (the road may not be marked).  The center portion of Abramson Road is in terrible shape even for a truck.
Karen Rowe, between Dewitt and St. Charles, Arkansas County

Join us on Facebook!