Date: 4/25/18 7:15 am
From: Irvin Louque <irvinlouque...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] The LOS Meeting and the City Nature Challenge
LABIRD:

This weekend (Friday-Monday), the Southwest Louisiana region will be
participating in the City Nature Challenge, a friendly competition between
over 60 cities worldwide to see who can find the most nature. SWLA isn't
exactly a city, but it was the region that made sense for the
organizer--the SWLA Master Naturalists
<https://www.swlamasternaturalists.org/>.

All sightings posted to iNaturalist in the Southwest Louisiana region will
count towards our effort. It just happened to coincide with the LOS
meeting weekend, which should boost the count!

Check out iNaturalist <https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/about> when you
can, and we'd love to see your observations of birds, other critters,
plants, and fungi this weekend!

I'll be at the LOS meeting on Friday evening with additional info and
hopefully answer any questions regarding iNaturalist or the City Nature
Challenge. Feel free to reply off list with any questions in the meantime.

Learn more about the City Nature Challenge here: citynaturechallenge.org/.
See my iNaturalist observations here:
www.inaturalist.org/observations/ilouque.

Thanks,
Irvin Louque