Date: 4/25/18 4:02 am
From: 'Melissa Pappas' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] Warblers On Their Way
I keep up with my birding buddies and friends in Georgia. Recent reports on GABO show that there have been some large fall-outs thanks to heavy rains. It looks like they are all traveling together thanks to weather.

One report from Kennesaw Mountain (an IBA): There were 16 species of warblers which included at least five CERULEAN WARBLERS (3 male and 2 female), the first BAY-BREASTED WARBLER of the season for me, Ovenbirds, Kentucky, Black-throated Blue Warblers.   Good number of Scarlet and Summer Tanagers, lots of Red-eyed Vireo, along with Blue-headed, White-eyed and Yellow-throated Vireos and only one Wood Thrush.
Another well-known as a "warbler trap" had the following report of 17 species: Ovenbird, 1, Worm-eating Warbler, 1, Louisiana Waterthrush, 1, Northern Waterthrush, 2, Black-and-white Warbler, 1, Orange-crowned Warbler, 1, Hooded Warbler, 5, American Redstart, 4, Cape May Warbler, 1, Northern Parula, 2, Chestnut-sided Warbler, 1, Blackpoll Warbler, 2, Black-throated Blue Warbler, 1, Black-throated Green Warbler, 1

Barring really bad weather between here and there during the next week or so, Northern Ohio's festival should be right on track for some wonderful warbler viewing.

 Melissa PappasHamburg Township, Livingston County, MI
Blog: http://colmel.wordpress.com/
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."  ~ Woodrow Wilson

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1506135024.653864.1524654103914...>