Date: 4/24/18 7:44 pm
From: k chamberlin <kchamberlin07...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Ashland / Squam River
Hello Birding Commuity

We took our usual walk today along the Squam river from Main St. to Winter
St. and down Mill Pond Ln.

Still waiting for the Female RWBB's The males are too.
https://flic.kr/p/26rTaUq

A pair of Buffleheads have been pairing up again on the mill pond for the
2nd year in a row.
https://flic.kr/p/26rTfCd

Two Hermit Thrush followed us along the trail.
https://flic.kr/p/26rTq3q

There was a noisy mixed flock of Kinglets. Both species. Among Paridae,
Juncos, and some Goldfinch down closer to the Rail Road.

also of note:
Both M&F Kingfishers
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White Throated Sparrow
Cardinal
Canada Goose (on nest)
Mallard
Osprey(Fly over)
TV
Robins
Brown Thrasher and Flicker (In Ball Field across swamp from Mill Pond)
Bald Eagles have been Present constantly hunting along the river system.
We have not seen one Great Blue Heron, this is the first time in 8 years
they have not been on time.