Date: 4/24/18 7:12 pm
From: <littlebend...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Winter Wrens
I had three winter wrens on Farm Island this morning. One of them was singing for long stretches. I've never heard them sing in migration before. Hermit thrush also arrived in the Pierre area. I had 4 or 5 on the island and another four feeding up on the street in front of the house along with several eastern phoebes which were ground feeding to find insects. Lots of yellow rumps, both kinglets, and creepers on the island.
After an absence, the Great black-backed gull was back below Fisherman's Point.
Kenny Miller
Pierre

Join us on Facebook!