Date: 4/24/18 5:14 pm
From: 'Jensen, Kent' <kent.jensen...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Dakota Nature Park / Brookings Birds

There are some new arrivals at DNP. I was out this morning with an OLLI class on Birding - we had an hour or so before the rain chased us inside. New birds for the season were: yellow-rumped warblers, hermit thrush, Eastern phoebe & yellow-bellied sapsucker. We also saw several ruby-crowned kinglets.

Last evening (4/23) an American Woodcock was calling repeatedly and conducting its flight display adjacent to Larson Nature Center ( west side near the wood shed). You can both see and hear it from the parking lot.

Happy Birding all!

KC

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: "Jensen, Kent" <Kent.Jensen...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)