Date: 4/24/18 1:26 pm
From: Matt Cahill <matt.c.cahill...>
Subject: [COBOL] Migrant Notes
Hi all,

Yellow-rumps are the headline of my migrant observations over the past few
days. On Saturday the Wikiup Dam was a dervish of butter-butts moving along
the rocks and willows with many more calling from the pines. On Sunday
around Sisters their song was ubiquitous everywhere we stopped. Yesterday
flocks of them were moving among the tops of budding larch at Shevlin and
now outside my office window dozens more are gleaning everything out of the
poplars. Fun to see such a wall of warblers arrive. The only Myrtles I
recall seeing were at Wikiup.

Orange-crowns, Nashvilles and Yellowthroats are all regular sightings now
too for me. One office spot Wilson so far.

Looks like the next couple nights are going to be great for migration. If
you haven't seen the BirdCast website yet, it's a fun spot to checkout:
http://birdcast.info/

Best,
Matt Cahill
Bend