Date: 4/24/18 9:03 am
From: Eric Arnold <eba...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT: pigeon humor
Reminds me of a subway trip once about fifteen years ago somewhere in the
neighborhood of London (UK), out toward one of the surrounding areas where
the trains aren't underground all of the time, but go underground from time
to time, possibly down in the direction of Croyden. In any case, a pigeon
entered the car at one of the stops along the way where there was open sky
above, proceeded to look for crumbs to eat without the least apparent
concern for the doors closing & the train starting up, plunging into
tunnels and out again, and rod several stops, and then exited again at
another stop in a manner that suggested that it knew exactly where it
wanted to get off, never displaying any obvious anxiety or concern about
the movement, being enclosed in a space it couldn't leave from much of the
time, or the movement of people through the car or on and off. The train
wasn't particularly full at the time, but it was nevertheless a very
intriguing sight.

Eric

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CABv5-TVOzML3fukwJviv%3DAa27%<3DvtQNb4uR4i_OnWKp11y6Sjng...>