Date: 4/24/18 8:29 am
From: Eric Arnold <eba...>
Subject: [birders] Heron co-housing?
Taken at the rookery at Kensington Metropark a day or two ago. From a
different angle, there appeared to be a little more space between the two
nest stick piles, but I didn't get a good picture of that view. In any
case, these appear to be unusually close. In my somewhat limited
experience, I've never seen anything like this, but I haven't had the
opportunity to examine other rookeries in as much detail as this one, so it
could be more common than I imagine.

Comments are solicited...

Eric

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org