Date: 4/24/18 8:21 am
From: Steven W. Cardiff <scardif...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] LOS Field Trip Series, Spring LOS Meeting, etc.
Labirders-
We still have spaces available for the next edition of the LOS Field
Trip Series. This will be the "Cameron Parish Big Day" on Saturday 28
April (during the LOS Spring Meeting in Cameron). See details below or
check the latest (Spring 2018) LOS News online at the LOS website. NOTE
that this trip begins near the Lacassine NWR Headquarters at 6:30 AM. So,
for anyone staying at Cameron Friday night, you will need to get up early
to make it up there by 6:30 AM. Donna and I will be staying in Jennings
and commuting back and forth to Cameron for the official meetings on Friday
and Saturday nights. So, anyone staying in Jennings or in nearby towns can
rendesvous with us at the Hampton Inn in Jennings around 6 AM and we will
caravan down to Lacassine NWR HQ. If you are interested and have not
already signed up, then please *contact Donna ASAP
(<donnaldittmann...> <donnaldittmann...>)*. I will provide
more field trip details to registered participants in the next day or two.

Of course, there will also be at least one other LOS field trip on
Saturday departing the Cameron Motel parking lot. Hope to see many of you
at the LOS Meeting. Please do support the organization and register for
the meeting. Remember that the official Saturday list will only include
species observed by registered participants.

Depending on the projected schedule of the area LNG projects
(construction operations possibly beginning as soon as this fall), this may
also be your last chance to drive to East Jetty Park during an LOS
Meeting.... So, get down there while you can.

Sincerely,

Steve Cardiff, President
LOS

✦ 28 April 2018. Cameron Parish Big Day with Steve Cardiff & Donna Dittmann
is in conjunction with the LOS Spring Meeting. Trip will meet at Streeter
Road, Lacassine NWR HQ at 6:30 AM, stopping at various sites as we work
towards and along the coast. We will break to attend the LOS Meeting
Saturday night banquet and meeting. After the meeting may we may hit a few
nocturnal stops to rack up a few more species. Trip limited to 10
participants/five additional vehicles.

Join us on Facebook!