Date: 4/24/18 6:32 am
From: Crystal Keller <crystal...>
Subject: [birders] Re: Loon
When I did bird rehab, I learned that loons are strong birds with powerful bills that can cause injury. I don’t know if enough watercraft could push the bird onto shore, where it could be picked up, or if the bird would always be able to dive under the watercraft and into deeper water.

If caught, it would probably be best to release right away elsewhere. As already stated, loons stress easily. The stress caused by holding the bird for assessment could outweigh the benefit.

Crystal Keller

On Apr 24, 2018, at 8:10 AM, 'Jeff Schultz' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

Now I do not know how big this lake is I think a nighttime capture will be tough I’m sure there’s a lot of light pollution there so it will not be really dark at night I know somebody in Minnesota that used to capture a lot of loons I’ll see if I can get a hold i’ll him for any tips

Jeff Schultz

Este correo electrónico está en español cuando no estás buscando

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<6A397776-9A66-48FC-8487-0C6A388AA9B1...>