Date: 4/24/18 4:41 am
From: marys1000 <marys1000...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Loon
Loon Rangers, is who the method I (and someone else) described is the
one used by.
The Loon Ranger guy I called to assist a Loon a couple of years ago was
a great guy, very helpful, but he lives in the general area of Petosky.
Still, if anyone has the equipment and is willing to try he could
probably give you more specific tips and techniques.
Small fishing boat, powerful flashlight, large net, 3 people.  One to
man the motor/boat, one the flashlight, one to net and
grab the bird is the basics.

Marie Schatz

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<660509ce-2863-d9cf-80ef-e80345b1a399...>