Date: 4/23/18 7:44 pm
From: Scott Rauland via eBird via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Scott Rauland has shared an eBird checklist with you from Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve on Apr 22, 2018 - 8:00 AM
To accept this checklist into your eBird account, click on the link below:

https://ebird.org/shared?subID=UzQ0ODI5MTYx&s=t

You will then be able to view, edit, or delete it. Learn more about eBird's checklist sharing process at

http://help.ebird.org/customer/portal/articles/1010555-understanding-the-ebird-checklist-sharing-process

---------

While the Friends of Dyke Marsh wisely avoided the hordes of runners along the GW Parkway near Dyke Marsh, about a half dozen of the Distant Acquaintances of Dyke Marsh found a way around the crowds and enjoyed a walk with far fewer non-birders on the trail and boardwalk than normal.

Highlights included splendid views of the nesting bald eagles and ospreys, and an excellent look at a blue-gray gnatcatcher building its nest near the boardwalk. Yellow-rumped warblers were everywhere.

Alas, there was not a scope in sight, so it is quite possible we missed a number of species out on the water. But the least observant member of the group (me) tallied thirty one species, the number seen by the entire group was likely a good bit larger.

Here’s the full list: