Date: 4/23/18 2:52 pm
From: victor <victor...> [wsbn] <wsbn-noreply...>
Subject: [wsbn] Dunlin - Rio Blanco Lake SWA [2 Attachments]
I was birding in Rio Blanco and Moffat counties today. The best bird was a Dunlin at Rio Blanco Lake State Wildlife Area in Rio Blanco County about 10:30 this morning. I have attached a couple of photos.

At the SWA I also saw 1 Long-billed Dowitcher, 1 Wilson’s Phalarope, 5 Least Sandpipers, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 Killdeer, 10 American Avocets, 1 Clark’s Grebe, 8 Western Grebe, 2 Am White Pelicans, I Osprey, 2 Bald Eagles, 9 Green-winged Teal, 4 Cinnamon Teal, 3 Common Mergansers, 9 Gadwall, 16 Mallards, 4 Am. Wigeon, 7 Canada Geese. and 1 Marsh Wren.

Earlier in the morning I birded on County Road 59S near the Bitterroot SWA in Moffat County. Along the Road I saw 4 Long-billed Curlews, 2 Burrowing Owls, 8 Sage Grouse, 1 Northern Harriers, 1 Golden Eagle, 3 Sandhill Cranes, many Horned Larks and Vesper Sparrows, and a Green-tailed Towhee.

Vic Zerbi

Join us on Facebook!