Date: 4/23/18 5:58 am
From: Dody <dody...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Trapped loons
You are so right, Jeff! Loons are not to be taken lightly. However, Sherri Smith has all of the proper permits (from the DNR and F&W) and lots of background in handling loons. I would trust her totally to direct a rescue.

Dody

On Apr 23, 2018, at 8:40 AM, 'Jeff Schultz' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

I believe if a capture is attempted, it probably would be in the best interest of those involved to get permission from the DNR.

Like I said in my previous email, that I believe it can most likely be captured.

There are obviously risks involved to the bird and it’s “rescuers”

They are incredibly powerful birds when handled. Not only are they “beefy” string and heavy, but that bill is a formable defensive weapon...obviously

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<2605A658-8DE4-403E-AFE0-C391C7C9FFB8...>