Date: 4/22/18 10:02 pm
From: Cameron Rutt <cameronrutt...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Cape May Warbler (4/21) - Cameron Parish
I apologize for the tardy email, but Phil Stouffer and I just returned from
a weekend field trip to Cameron Parish with a contingent of undergrads from
LSU. The highlight of the trip - for the two of us anyhow - was a male Cape
May Warbler that we photographed late Saturday evening (4/21) along Davis
Road, en route to East Jetty. This is very close to where the Long-tailed
Duck had first been reported (29.774812, -93.340548). There was also a male
Blackpoll Warbler present in close proximity to the Cape May.

Otherwise, we enjoyed similar fare to that just reported by Paul Conover.
At about 3 PM this afternoon (4/22), Peveto held at least 3 male Cerulean
Warblers (and quite possibly 4), as well as a Brewster's Warbler.

Photos of the Cape May and a few of the other unusual species will be
embedded in the proper eBird checklists... but later on Monday.

Good Birding,
Cameron

--
Cameron L. Rutt