Date: 4/22/18 7:41 pm
From: Alicia Morris <aliciakayyyy...>
Subject: Mallard nesting beside our front walkway
We just moved into our new house 2 week ago, which had been vacant for
about 6 months before us. Yesterday we were putting ant bait outside around
the front yard -- and flushed out a mallard from a clump of grass right by
our front door! We went again today to see if she was still there. We spent
about 5 minutes looking around carefully and assumed she was gone -- until
we pulled back part of the grass and she flushed again! We looked a little
closer and found 10 EGGS she had been sitting on! Her nest is just to the
side of the walkway to our front door, in the middle of a subdivision in
Broken Arrow

I'm wondering what we should do? I assume she has been there for the whole
2 weeks we've been here, and she certainly isn't bothering us. I'm worried
that if we leave her, we are going to have a problem when the ducklings
hatch! Any advice?

Join us on Facebook!