Date: 4/22/18 7:04 pm
From: Jane Patterson <seejanebird...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Catbird rain on Grand Isle this evening! Oh yeah, and some warblers
We just *thought* we saw a lot of catbirds on Friday and Saturday. That
was nothin' compared to the hordes that apparently arrived late in the
afternoon. They looked like gray Christmas bulbs in some of the trees.
Sprinkle in quite a few Summer and Scarlet Tanagers, Indigo Buntings,
Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and it was quite
a sight. Warblers were a bit less conspicuous, generally speaking, but we
had a nice showing including; Palm, Yellow, Yellow-throated, Northern
Parula, Blackburnian, Common Yellowthroat, Orange-crowned, Black and White,
Chestnut-sided, Bay-breasted, American Redstart, Prothonotary, Blue-winged,
Golden-winged, Hooded, Kentucky, Northern and Louisiana Waterthrush,
Tennessee, Ovenbird, Magnolia, Blackpoll, and Black-throated Green. A
Cerulean and Black-throated Blue were also reported this evening, with
Swainson's and Worm-eating present on the island in other locations
throughout the day. At least one Black-billed Cuckoo was seen as well.

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon :)

--Jane Patterson
reporting from Grand Isle

Join us on Facebook!