Date: 4/22/18 4:45 am
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Saturday birds in Rockbridge Co
I visited several places looking for new arrivals, yesterday. At Willow Lake, near Raphine, there were 2 Green Herons and 4 Pied-billed Grebes plus the usual Canada Geese and swallows. Nearby at McCormick's Farm, there were a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets still here and there were 5 Blue-winged Teal on the back pond. Along River Rd, south of Buena Vista, I found 3 Yellow-throated Warblers singing and foraging in the sycamores along the Maury River. The Cliff Swallows have returned and are busy repairing their nests. We now have a large colony of CLSW under the Maury River bridge in Glasgow. I would guess there are 50 nests.

I've posted some photos from yesterday on my Flickr site, if you are interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept