Date: 4/22/18 1:13 am
From: 'Preheim, Kelly' <Kelly.Preheim...> [sd-birds] <sd-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Birds in Charles Mix and Douglas county
In the last few days, I've been seeing some FOY birds:

Peregrine Falcon

Barn Swallow

Swainson's Hawks - are numerous {migrating} and sitting in groups

Willet

Wilson's Phalarope

White-faced Ibis

Say's Phoebe

American Avocets, Marbled and Hudsonian Godwits are around the flooded fields and roads.

Bill Van Der Hagen is out in the area birding today. He was not able to locate the Whooping Cranes near Burke, SD. He saw 8 Common Loons at the Ft. Randall Dam and took photos of a Long-tailed Duck in a seasonal pond near the refuge.

Kelly Preheim

Armour, SD

"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in." ~ Rachel Carson

Join us on Facebook!