Date: 4/21/18 5:53 pm
From: Zach DuFran <zdufran...>
Subject: South Jenkins (Norman) this afternoon
I visited south Jenkins this afternoon when the rain had mostly finished (some drizzle while I was out). It was pretty birdy, with several songs I didn’t recognize.

I clearly saw three Swainson’s Thrushes loosely traveling together and doing their one note chirp. I confirmed with an audio recording and then started hearing several more singing from farther back in the woods. I recorded audio and uploaded to my checklist (link below).

Northern Parulas and Yellow-throated Warblers singing in the woods as well.

There was a large group of sparrow feeding together on the road: Harris’s, White-throated, White-crowned, and a couple of late Dark-eyed Juncos.

Zach DuFran
Norman

Begin forwarded message:

From: <ebird-checklist...>
Date: April 21, 2018 at 7:46:09 PM CDT
To: <zdufran...>
Subject: eBird Report - Norman--South Jenkins Ave., Apr 21, 2018

Norman--South Jenkins Ave., Cleveland, Oklahoma, US
Apr 21, 2018 3:51 PM - 4:38 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.771 mile(s)
18 species

Great Blue Heron 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
American Crow 1
Fish Crow 2
Carolina Chickadee 2
Tufted Titmouse 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher X
Swainson's Thrush 6 See photos and listen to audio. Three birds seen at once and more singing further back in the woods.
Northern Parula 2
Yellow-throated Warbler 1
Dark-eyed Junco 2 See photo
White-crowned Sparrow 1