Date: 4/20/18 7:39 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Birds
When I arrived at the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center
this morning, a Pine Warbler sang in the evergreens beside the parking lot.
I observed it chase a Blue-headed Vireo out of the area where the warbler
was singing. Black-capped Chickadees chattered in the trees. Meanwhile, a
gray ghost (male Northern Harrier) fed over the field across the road. In a
pond beside the field, there was a Gadwall pair and a diving Pied-billed
Grebe. Now, that's a good start to a day at the refuge. Herb Myers, Harman,
Randolph County from Tucker County

Join us on Facebook!