Date: 4/16/18 5:29 pm
From: 'Dorian Huneke' <huneked...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: RE: [osbirds] Bald Eagles in Treadwell
I’ll have to keep a close watch to see if there are only three, or possibly four. I would think an adult would always be at the nest when chicks are pretty newly hatched, but… maybe there are two or possibly three chicks this year and the adults really have to hustle for food. In which case I may have seen all the adults, and there is not a fourth one. The creek just got stocked by the DEC for fishing season, so the eagles are going to have an easier time getting food for a while, until they clean out all but the most wary fish. There was no sign of the eagles today, but that is to be expected in this weather. Both morning and evening chores were done in the pouring rain, so I couldn’t see much of anything.

Dorian Huneke