Date: 4/16/18 4:31 pm
From: David Nicosia <daven102468...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Glossy Ibis Broome County Upper Lisle County Park
This morning Dan Watkins and Rich Youket found a GLOSSY IBIS at Upper Lisle
County Park down the truck road next to a red gate that has a STOP sign on
it. The bird likes to forage there and often will take off but keeps coming
back to the same spot. This is a rare bird for Broome as we get this
species maybe once every 2-5 years. Last night's strong south winds likely
dropped him down. With chilly weather and northwest winds, we hope he
sticks around a couple days. The bird is in beautiful breeding plumage.

Best way to get there is to cross a rusty bridge from Rte 26 Town of
Triangle and then turn left onto a small dirt road that had a pond on the
right. Drive to the end of this road and by the gate the bird seems to
like.

Exact lat long are; 42.393707° N and 75.966075° W

Dave Nicosia

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/