Date: 4/16/18 3:26 pm
From: Rick Nok <rsheil.nok...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Migratory Bird Treaty Act changes
I for one, maybe the only one in this forum, agree with Mr. Gibson. I find
the Heritage Foundation article to be cogent, logical, and rational. I
don’t see how we can criminalize legally permissible activities that
inadvertently result in bird kills. The piece also points out the hypocrisy
in the selective enforcement between favored activities like wind turbines
and solar farms, and non-favored activities (anything oil for instance). I
also find it relevant and rational to point out that cats kill billions
more birds than all corporations combined, yet there is no enforcement or
similar concern there despite the fact that it is an infinitely bigger
problem to the issue of bird mortality. Finally, the exaggerated doomsday
predictions I’m hearing here, like so many before it, always inevitably
fail.

Richard Heil
S. Peabody, MA

--