Date: 4/16/18 3:11 pm
From: Michael Britt <sootyshear...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Post-storm birding
While I knew the forecast called for wind-driven rain today, I was unaware
that it would be coming out of the east! Once I saw the reports out of
Brooklyn, I knew it would be an interesting day, so I text Simon Lane.
While I could not repeat his mid-morning performance, I did see some good
birds this afternoon.

Highlights at LSP were: 7 BONAPARTE'S GULLS, 2 ICELAND GULLS (1st cycle &
2nd cycle), and an adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL.

eBird checklist with doc shots:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44642692

Port Liberte hosted 16 BONAPARTE'S GULLS and a FORSTER'S TERN roosting on
the beach.

The Ocean Terminal had 100+ NORTHERN GANNETS (out by the Verrazano), 56
BONAPARTE'S GULLS, & an adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL.

Doc shot of LBBG:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44642902

A few notes...the Canon sx50 is so handy for doc shots, especially in poor
weather when I leave my DSLR home. Also, it takes a storm to get these kind
of Bonie numbers in the Upper Bay these days, they liked it better when it
was polluted!

Mike Britt
Bayonne

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>