Date: 4/16/18 2:43 pm
From: bmknj16 <bmknj17...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] gannet, Sayreville glossy ibis, and Hook woodcock family
First, to Louis, if you can't capture the gannet please give me (far) more
specific location information ASAP and I'll see if I can get over there and
drive it up to the RT. But would have to be extremely soon.

Just had a pair of glossy ibis at Waterworks Pond in Sayreville, on the
bank of the main body of water on the RR tracks side, a few hundred feet
from the paved road.

I've seen the species there before, but long ago.

And since we're here...

On Friday at Sandy Hook I had to pull my car on to the shoulder very
suddenly and run to assist a mother woodcock and three chicks that were
sitting in the road. The first car behind me actually drove over the young
ones but I made the other four stop. All the birds were fine and two made
it to the side of the road with just my prodding as I picked up and moved
the third, and all ran and reunited with the mother (and disappeared before
I could retrieve my camera...). Chicks were unbelievably cute.

I'm a hero really...

Brett Klaproth
https://www.flickr.com/photos/26398858@N02/

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>