Date: 4/16/18 2:12 pm
From: celticcail <0000025ed36331da-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Injured gannet at Morgan mudflats

Hello,
Ideally, you or someone else local can pick up the bird, place it in a box or other ventilated container on a towel, and deliver it to a wildlife rehabilitator. I am not sure if Don Bonica in or around Toms River is still accepting birds but he is an excellent choice if so, and the Raptor Trust is of course always an option though I am not sure how far they are from you. Birds can be dropped off there 24 hours a day, they accept all birds, and you do not have to contact them first.  908-647-2353.
You can certainly try your local animal control and see if they would be willing to help with capture or transport. Some animal control officers are extremely helpful, some are not.  The police department can give you their number and though they will obviously be off duty at this point today, if you explain the situation to an officer, you might be able to get in contact with whoever is on overnight duty.
Good luck,Cailin O'ConnorPompton Lakes

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone