Date: 4/16/18 11:24 am
From: <badgerboy...>
Subject: Ospreys nesting Kerr Scott reservoir, Wilkes Co.
It looks like they've set up a nest at the Fort Hamby recreation area in
a pine snag overhanging the lake. It can be seen easily from the public
boat ramp at Smithey's Creek, and the pair has been there for about 3
weeks. One appeared to be sitting on eggs today while the other stood
atop the nest.

After rumors of a nest at YMCA Camp Harrison a couple years back its
nice to finally get some documentation. For a couple passable pictures
of 2 ospreys at the nest see my ebird checklist at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ebird.org_view_checklist_S44635569&d=DwICaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=khVoRgIBn5GW_i3ET6NCM82K3wwR_j5r8j61ILslf3k&s=7-Yw904l2iCHZiPO5wFuLF9lMZ9gR9fSWLxL-Jo5c0Q&e= .

Guy McGrane, Deep Gap, NC

Join us on Facebook!