Date: 4/16/18 10:19 am
From: Marshall Iliff <miliff...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: Two Mew Gulls (one canus, one brachyrhynchus) at Cohasset
MASSBIRD,

Photos and some discussion of the two Mew Gulls in my list here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44607307

Liam Waters confirms that both are still present today. The weather
conditions are similar and it seems reasonable to expect they'll remain at
least through today, though they might clear out with changing conditions
tomorrow as this site is not a regular gull bonanza and in my experience is
good only under stormy conditions.

Since no brachyrhynchus has been available for chasing in Massachusetts
before, and since many believe that Mew Gull should be split at least two
ways and maybe three ways, it would be advisable to go after this one for
anyone who cares about their Massachusetts state list in the long term .It
also would be great to keep track of the gulls here and see if other
rarities drop in, since 9 taxa of gulls were present yesterday.

Best,

Marshall Iliff
eBird Project Leader

--