Date: 4/16/18 8:56 am
From: Geo Kloppel <geokloppel...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Some kind of thrush?
The bill looks foreshortened because of this pose, but note that it’s all dark, down-curved and quite pointy. The breast and flanks have streaks rather than spots; the eye is yellow. The whole color scheme is right for Brown Thrasher, even down to the white wing bars, which you won’t see on any of our Thrushes.

-Geo

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Carol Cedarholm <ccedarho...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know what kind of thrush this is. Was in my backyard the last few days foraging on the ground. I have definitely had 2 hermit thrushes, but this one looks redder with bolder spots on the breast. Thanks, Carol
> <Thrush 2.jpg>
> --
> Welcome and Basics
> Rules and Information