Date: 4/16/18 8:47 am
From: John Cecil <jcecil01...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Silent auction
Hello birders,

I will be attending a seminar the weekend of May, 18th and will not be able
to attend the spring meeting. So, I will not be setting up the silent book
auction. I know this is something people look forward to and has been a fun
part of the meetings in the past. So, I am asking if anyone would like to
take up the small responsibility of doing it in my place? I takes about an
hour and a half to set up and usually there are people around who jump in
to help. The only qualification would be that you are fit enough to haul
some boxes of books around or are nice enough to be able to enlist the help
of others. If you are interested please send me an email and I will
coordinate with you to get some of the books in storage to you.

Also, I would be interested in passing the torch on to another willing
person. It has been a fun part of the meetings for me in the past. Now, my
daughter is starting to show more interest in birding and I would like to
start bringing her to meetings. I usually camp and with the added
difficulties of having a small child with me, it all just seems a little
too much for me to handle. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Thank you and good birding,
John Cecil