Date: 4/16/18 7:32 am
From: 'bill butler' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] winter seedeaters
This winter("spring") I've particularly noticed a reoccuring pattern at the feeders. The wintering seedeaters come with the appearance of snow and largely disappear when the weather warms and snow melts. I'm curious where they disappear too. Yesterday's unseasonable dump of winter precipitation brought a returning rush: hordes of Dark-eyed Juncos and American Tree Sparrows, a Fox Sparrow, several White-Throated Sparrows, a couple of Pine Siskins. Hearing the lovely song of the White-throated Sparrows and the zzzipp of the Siskins was a novelty and much enjoyed. Also a treat was watching the half dozen turkeys half skating across the icy ground and the 2 pairs of Buffleheads that stopped on our pond briefly to feed and rest.

Cheers,
BIll

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<1514797602.768897.1523889133496...>