Date: 4/16/18 7:10 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Poplar Island 4/11/2018
Apparently the rare birds decided to show up on the days before and after I conducted my census. Onsite researchers found 2 ROSS'S GEESE and a flyover flock of 14 AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS on 4/10, and another researched found a GRASSHOPPER SPARROW on 4/13. The birding tour also had some rarities that I didn't find, including TRICOLORED HERON and SHORT-EARED OWL.

My best birds on 4/11 were AMERICAN KESTREL and EASTERN MEADOWLARK.

Snowy Egrets were back in the heronry but I did not find any Cattle Egrets, Glossy Ibis, or Black-crowned Night-Herons.

eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44491419

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD