Date: 4/16/18 5:55 am
From: Sherry Leonardo <0000003f830b5818-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Four Rivers CA

This posting is late due to an oversight on my part for which I apologize.
Yesterday 4 members of Burroughs Audubon braved wintry weather to bird Four Rivers CA in Vernon and Bates Counties. Thanks largely to Malcolm Gold and Kathy Carroll, we had some nice sightings. At the headquarters area: a Peregrine Falcon making srafing runs over waterfowl, Hudsonian Godwit and a female Wilson’s Phalarope. At President’s Marsh, which has good shorebird habitat: Hudsonian Godwit, Long-billed Dowitchers, Semipalmated Plovers and a suspected Cinnamon Teal x Green-winged Teal hybrid. At Unit II in Bates County: an Eared Grebe in striking alternate plumage. As Karen Stair and I headed for home we stopped at a pond on Hwy TT just east of I-49. While I was trying to pick through swallows zipping across the water, Karen spotted a female Long-tailed Duck. Complete species lists for each area are posted on Ebird.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock