Date: 4/16/18 5:28 am
From: Trollinger, Jeffrey via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Migration finally reaches Gum Spring
Beautiful weekend! Hard to believe last Saturday it was snowing!

I was wondering if the migrants would ever show up this year, well
apparently they wait for the Redbud to bloom, which also finally happened
on Friday in Goochland/Louisa.

Saturday the Black & White Warbler, Chipping Sparrow, Eastern Meadowlarks
and Ovenbird all showed up and sang. Sunday my first Ruby-throated
Hummingbird arrived.

As a side note, I stopped by Crump Meadows Park in Henrico on Friday
morning and had Palm Warblers and Ovenbirds, but also a flock of Hermit
Thrushes and several of them sang!! That was a treat!!

Now once the water recedes from last night's epic rainfall (3.5 inches in
the gauge this morning), we should hopefully see Spring stick around and
progress normally!!

Jeff Trollinger
Gum Spring, VA

--

*Jeffrey B. Trollinger, C.W.B* | Director, Wildlife Services Division
| Virginia
Department of Game and Inland Fisheries <http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/> |
P.O. Box 90778, 7870 Villa Park Drive, #400, Henrico, VA 23228-0778 |
*804-367-1134* (o) | *804-363-2268* (c) | <jeff.trollinger...>
<%<20jeff.trollinger...>