Date: 4/15/18 7:41 pm
From: Ken Copenhaver <copenhvr...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Missisquoi NWR Bird Monitoring Walk
Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday April 21, 2018 on the
Black/Maquam Creek Trail. Meet at 8:00 AM at the refuge parking lot on Rte
78, about 2.5 miles west of Swanton village. If you have any questions,
email me at <copenhvr...>

The walk this month is a joint walk with Green Mountain Audubon Society.
The Friends of Missisquoi are pleased to welcome GMAS members and
participants to the refuge!

The monthly walks gather long-term data on the presence of birds, their
abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather is
entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology. These walks are appropriate for all levels of
birders and provide a wonderful opportunity to learn about birds throughout
the seasons. Led by Ken Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of
Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge board members.

After 96 months of walks we have observed 151 species. Hope to see you
there!

NOTE: As of yesterday, April 14, the trail was a bit soggy in places, but
passable. Waterproof footwear is recommended. Although there haven't been
any new flood warnings, if there would be flooding this week, the walk will
be moved to the Stephen Young Marsh Trail, about 1 mile past the refuge
Visitor Center on Tabor Rd.

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit: http://friendsofmissisquoi.
org/